Finally with a full working fossil prep set up I got through a few of the recent nodules I had picked up on Charmouth beach, I also finished a few pieces of prep work for other people.
1. Gleviceras, Charmouth
I found this after a recent period of stormy weather, it's not the best ammonite but it's certainly the largest I have found! It's 27 cm across it's widest part.
2. Belemnite Stone death bed, Charmouth
This piece was a bit of a gamble, the belemnite stone is often sparsely populated with ammonites but in this piece I was rather lucky, it contains several Beaniceras, Belemnites and a Tragophyloceras. There are also broken sections of Liparoceras in the matrix which my be why there are so many ammonites in one small space.
3. Androgynoceras, Charmouth
I really like preparing these little nodules - the ammonites often fill the nodule! I found this on Charmouth beach a few weeks ago
4. Tragophyloceras, Seatown
This was a customer preparation, the nodule was one of the hardest I have ever encountered but the end result was nice.
5. Double Androgynoceras, Charmouth.
Another small nodule with a couple of nice surprises inside!
6. Androgynoceras, Charmouth
This was featured in my previous blog post, I found this nodule a little while ago and now with my abrasive set up working again I got it finished! It's slightly different to most of the Androgynoceras I have worked on as it's pathalogical - showing deformed ribs on the second whorl in.